About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Genealogy

A few weeks ago my father received a telephone call from a stranger. She asked him if he knew someone named "John Smith". My father said that he new someone by that name and was close friends with him until he died. The woman said she was his granddaughter and was doing a genealogy search to find out about her grandfather. He passed away years ago and she wanted to find out more about his life. My father was thrilled to tell her everything that he knew. He recanted old stories and memories. The granddaughter was amazed that my father recalled so much. They spoke for over an hour. She said that she would love to meet him and my mother. She said she would call again. Her call made my father's day as he was very close with her grandfather. Two days ago my son was looking in the closet of his old room and saw a lockbox. I never noticed the box since it was on a high shelf. He took down the box and inside it were some of my father's friends personal keepsakes. The friend had been a police officer and the keepsakes were the man's hat shield and collar brass with the badge and precinct numbers on them. First thing the next morning, I called my father to tell him. The granddaughter had called him the previous night to make a date to get together. He gave me the woman's phone number and I called her. She was so happy she almost cried. One day this week she will come to my office and pick them up. Everything has come fill circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment