About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Ronald McDonald

For many years I have donated to two charities. St. Jude's Children's Hospital and Ronald McDonald House. I never knew anyone who needed their services until this week. One of our patients lives two hours away and a daily commute was hard. They could not afford to stay in a hotel as treatment itself was very expensive. The family called Ronald McDonald House and asked if they fit the criteria to stay there. They were told that my office had to fill out a from saying that the young girl was having daily treatment and they would reserve a room for them. I filled out the form. Monday they began treatment and checked into their room. They said that they feel like they are in a five star hotel. The lobby and rooms are immaculate and beautifully decorated. The staff is wonderful. They are served dinner each night. All that Ronald McDonald asks for is a $25 nightly donation, if it is possible. If you cannot afford it, that is fine. The patient's mother started to cry as she described how wonderful this charity is. Without them her child could not get the treatment she needed. When the mother returns home she plans to volunteer at her local Ronald McDonald House as a way of giving back. I will continue to donate to them, but I will donate more.

No comments:

Post a Comment