About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bad Karma

I heard a story the other day and it has been bothering me since. My friend took her elderly parents out for dinner at a local restaurant. I usually do not name places in this blog but I am so incensed that I will break the rule. The restaurant is Mama Linos in Plainview, NY. During the meal my friend's mother, who is 82 years old, heard a ringing in her ear and took out her hearing aid and placed it on the table. After dinner they left the restaurant and went home. As soon as they arrived home, her mother realized that the hearing aid was not in her ear. It was a very expensive device that cost over a thousand dollars. My friend immediately called the restaurant. No more than 15 minutes had passed. She spoke to a man, explained what happened and asked him to look on the table or in the trash to find the aid. It was definitely in the restaurant and even if it was thrown away, not that much trash could have been thrown on top of it. The man said, " This is my busy time of the day and I don't really give a sh*t about your mother's hearing aid!" He then slammed down the phone. My friend's mother was in tears. To replace the hearing aid would cost over a thousand dollars. After 15 minutes my friend called Mama Lino's again. She asked for the owner and explained the story again. The owner said that HE was the one who hung up on her and she was lucky to have gotten even five minutes of his time. He said he was too busy to hear her "go on and on about a f*cking hearing aid" and slammed down the phone again. I truly believe that bad deeds will come back to haunt you. This man should be ashamed of himself. Maybe if he lost his business and had no money he could understand that $1000 is a lot of money for an elderly woman to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment