About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Poetic License

In the art and entertainment world there is the concept of poetic license and artistic control. In the real world we just call it twisting the truth. That happened to me in work the other day. My director called and asked me about a situation that involved me and my bookkeeper. It was nothing big, but the point was that it never happened. For some reason one of the doctors felt like he had a conversation with each of us regarding a new patient. The odd thing was that neither of us remember ever having any conversation about anyone. We were baffled. I could understand if I forgot or if she forgot but for both of us to have forgotten was weird. After talking to the director, she agreed that the conversation never happened and the doctor totally misconstrued the issue. Good thing my friend and I are both sane. Otherwise we would have though we were going crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment