About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Only 40 Miles

Last evening I drove 40 miles away from my house and felt like I was on vacation. We went to a town named Port Jefferson. I had not been there in over 20 years. It is a port town on the Northern point of Long Island. Many people come here to take the ferry across the Sound to Connecticut. Even though it was crowded. it was not the type of crowd that was annoying. We ate at an outdoor seafood restaurant and had the freshest tasting fish. We walked around the town and browsed in a few art galleries. Then we saw it .... the old fashioned sweet shop. It had gelato, ice cream, ices, fudge, hand dipped chocolates, cotton candy and every other kind of confection you could think of. I was in sugar heaven. When we got in the car to go home, it felt like we should have been going back to a hotel. That's how much this evening felt like a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment