About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Three Things

There are three things that I cannot do well, no matter how hard I try. The first one is to type without looking at the keyboard. I type with two fingers and must look at the letters as I go. I have taken 2 typing courses and have done miserably. I guess typing is not my forte. The second thing I cannot do well is make meatballs. I have tried various "foul proof" recipes and after I get done, they are now "foul". The last thing I cannot do well is correctly use apostrophes. My sister is a teacher and usually proofreads this blog every day. Last night we had dinner together and were talking about grammar. She kept repeating that, "there are three rules for apostrophes". She went over them five times and even though I listened intently I cannot remember what they are. I know the first kind is used as possession, "Susan's hat". The second one is used as a contraction, "Susan's going to cook". The third one is anyone's guess. I think my mind blanked out after I heard the first two. (Notice that I correctly used an apostrophe in the previous sentence for the word anyone's). Maybe I do not learn the third rule because I like the feeling that someone is checking my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment