About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hair Raising Experience

I have been getting my hair cut by the same woman for 30 years.She started off as a worker in the salon and a few years later she bought the shop. She cut hair for 20 more years. At the age of about 40, she met a nice man, a Navy officer, and got married for the first time. As any good Navy wife would do, she uprooted herself and sold the shop to move around the country with him. She has lived in New Orleans, Virginia and Pennsylvania. She is so devoted to her clientele, that one week a month, no matter where she is living, she flies home and cust her client's hair. This month due to a surgery, she could not come in. She will be in again next month. In the interim, she set up appointments for us with her coworkers. She was specific about who would be assigned to which stylist. Yesterday I went for my haircut. The hairdresser asked me a lot of questions about how I wear my hair, how I style my hair, how I condition my hair and so on. She said that she was going to cut my hair the way she thinks it would fall best. She did the most wonderful job and I am so pleased. Here is my problem. Next month when my regular stylist is back I will have to go to her. I would never insult her by changing to the new woman after she has traveledl the country for ten years to cut my hair. For the next 29 days I will enjoy this cut as my hair will probably never look this good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment