About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Mango Madness

I was eating dinner last night when my telephone rang. It was a recorded voice and I almost hung up until I heard the name Stop and Shop. It was my local supermarket calling me. I listened to the recording as it warned me of a mango recall. It stated that Danielle mangoes from Mexico with the UPC code 4959 had a salmonella recall. The voice said to bring back the mango or throw away any remaining part of the fruit if you had peeled it. I went to my refrigerator and removed a mango with that exact code on it. For a moment I was caught off guard as to how the store knew that I had bought a mango. I then realized that my shopper's card was linked to my order and to my identity. I was being tracked. I was glad that I was saved from a potentially poisonous fruit, but felt uneasy that my grocery orders were public knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment