About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mistaken Identity

I had a good laugh yesterday. I called my parents in the late afternoon to say hello. After a few minutes, my mother said that they were on their way out to meet friends but if I held on for a minute she would lock the door and get into the car and continue the conversation. I waited and she got into the car, put on her seat belt and was ready to talk. We spoke for a few minutes and the phone went dead. "Hello, hello, can you hear me"? No one was there. I called the cell again and it rang and rang. I guessed that they were in a dead zone. I continued preparing dinner. About 15 minutes later my mother called back. She said they were having trouble with the phone. Here is the funny part. I called their home landline originally, and when she walked out of the house to continue our conversation, she took the house portable phone with her. She thought she was on the cell. That's why the line went dead. When she realized that she had the wrong phone, they turned around, went back home and exchanged it for the cell. We have so many modern convienences that we take them for granted. I still remember the days when all of our telephones were attached to the wall. We couldn't have walked three feet away.

No comments:

Post a Comment