About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 19

June 19, 1981 at 1:34 in the morning, my life began. My first son was born. When the nurses put him into my arms, he looked up at me with his sky blue eyes. In that one moment, we formed a bond like no other. He looked like a porcelain doll with light blond hair and perfect tulip shaped lips. We became a team. Mommy and baby. In those days, I lived in Brooklyn and none of my friends had children. The apartment house I lived in had no young families, so for the first 18 months, until I moved to Long Island, my son became my friend. We spent every moment together and he depended on me as much as I depended on him. My husband worked nights and slept days, so we became a team with only two players. He is just like me in many ways. We limit our circle to very few people, but invest ourselves fully in them. He doesn't speak many words but when he does, people listen. He has grown to be a hard worker, kind husband and an adoring father. He will be coming to visit next week and when I see him for the first time, I will still look at him as I did when I saw him for the first time, with a love in my heart that is beyond description.

No comments:

Post a Comment