About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Magnet

Yesterday I was at Port Jefferson with my family. This was the first real outing with my grandson. He spent most of the day in his stroller, covered with a bug net. You could not really see him when you looked in because the net was black and had a UV coating to protect him from the sun. At about 6pm, when the sun was less intense, my daughter in law wanted to take pictures in front of the pier that she had posed at last year. The picture would be of her and my son standing in the same place, but this one would include the baby. We took him out of the stroller and they posed with him in my son's arms. Within moments, a crowd gathered. They watched as we took pictures. When we were done, the crowd gathered around and started to ask questions. "How old is he"? "What is his name"? "What does he weigh"? Maybe they were interested because he was tiny. Maybe he attracted their attention because he was dressed in a camouflage outfit. Whatever the reason was, he became a 7 pound magnet. That is the beauty of a baby. He will always bring a smile to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment