About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Two Out Of Three

Yesterday, my parents met their great grandson for the first time. He has been out of the hospital two weeks and is ready for visitors. My parents have three great grandchildren and now they have met two out of three. They will meet the third one on June 29. I am still getting used to thinking of myself as a grandparent. I do not feel old enough (although I am), I do not think I look old enough (although that is a matter of opinion) and I cannot believe that my children have their own children. Years ago, when I used to go to holiday dinners at my in laws, my mother in law, who loved pictures, always wanted to have  a family photograph. She used to say "let's take a picture of four generations of men and four generations of women". I used to laugh to myself when she said that. It sounded so silly. What sounded silly then, makes perfect sense now. When I am with my family and see my great niece, my granddaughter and my grandson, nothing seems more important than a picture of  "four generations of men and four generations of women".

No comments:

Post a Comment