About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Drive By

I am a big fan of the "drive by". It is a proactive move that is always helpful. Basically to "drive by" means to visit the place you are going, in advance, so you will not be lost or late when you need to go there on the actual day. This tactic has helped me with job interviews, doctor's appointments and lectures. It may take a bit of extra time, but it is well worth it. My children use the drive by method and are always thankful. Nothing is worse than having to be somewhere on time and wandering around looking for your destination. Even with GPS or MapQuest, things go wrong. Yesterday morning I did a drive by to Speno Park. It was town pride day and I was not sure if it had been postponed due to the rain the day before. Instead of getting dressed and ready for the day, I got in my car and drove 1/2 mile to the park. Lo and behold, the event was cancelled. I could now make alternate plans. Once again, the drive by came through.

No comments:

Post a Comment