About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Comedy or Commentary

While flipping through the television channels last night, I came upon a new reality show called "Long Island Princesses". I do not know if I was more embarrassed watching it, or more in pain. It was a caricature of young Jewish women. At least I hope it was, because if it was real, they should be ashamed of themselves. The premise of the show is that these young women are almost 30 and not married. Their parents don't know why. Here is my suggestion. Watch the show a few times and the reasons will be crystal clear. They are whiny, drink too much and have their priorities out of whack. One girl cannot possible walk out of the pedicure salon without her heels, so she has the store owner carry her. If I was the owner, I would have let her sit there until her bladder was full and then she would have to get off her behind and walk. In another scene, one of the girls actually said, "My faclemptness is making me schvitz". Oh, yes, she really did say that. The most shameful scene was when one of the girls, who is Kosher, was coming to a barbeque at her friends home. The girl asked her father if the food he was cooking was Kosher and he said it was not, but the friend would never know. He then said a few Hebrew words and declared, "Now it is Kosher". Really? He didn't just do that, did he? I had nightmares all night about this. Please, bring me the Jersey Shore kids. We need some "class" in this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment