About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

No Judge-ing

There is a protocol that is followed in my office. The doctors never book a new patient. The appointments go through me. In the rare occasion that they book it themselves, there is always trouble. That is what happened this week. One of the doctors decided to be kind to someone and booked a time slot for them. That meant that I had to call the person and get their information so I could set up a chart. I called the child's father and said that I needed some information so I could start a folder for his child. He immediately started to talk to me in a condescending tone, saying that he doesn't have time for this. I said I had to have the information and then I quoted what the fees would be. He said that his son had already been diagnosed by another doctor so why did he need a consultation. I explained the reasoning for it. Midway through the conversation, the man started yelling that he is too busy to deal with "office people" and slammed the phone down. I went to the doctor and told him what just happened. He apologized and said that the father had been pleasant with him, but he was a judge and felt he should be treated special. In my office no one is special and if you upset the office staff you will never get what you want. If I speak to the man again, and he says to call him "Judge" I will request that he calls me "Mrs".

No comments:

Post a Comment