About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Capturing The Moment

Yesterday, I had my family over for Father's Day. It was a special one, because my son is now a father. The baby is now past what should have been his due date and growing fast. As we sat around the table, I saw my family history. After my grandson was born, my friends gave me a book called "Memories for My Grandchild". It is a journal that a grandparent fills out, detailing their family history. It goes back to the baby's great great grandparents. I have begun to fill it out and I am already missing answers. I do not know the birth dates of all of my grandparents, as they were born in a time when records were not kept. My grandmother used to celebrate her birthday on my grandfather's date. For my other two grandparents, I can only approximate the years. I will take my time filling this book out, as it may be the most important book my grandchildren will ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment