About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Survival

Last night I watched a new reality show and still have the ugly picture in my head. It was called "Naked and Afraid". The show was about two strangers who just met and have to survive 21 days in the wilderness with only one item from home. The catch  is that they are also naked. Of course the important "private" parts are blurred out. I would like to send a thank you card to the producers for doing that. Truth be told, the human body looks better when it is covered. So, these two strangers, one male and one female need to survive for 3 weeks and end up at a pick up point that is designated on a map. After watching some other survival shows, I think these people did rather poorly. They built a shelter and literally starved for 3 weeks. At the end of the show, the man lost 43 pounds and the woman lost 26 pounds. She looked like the walking dead. There were camera men with them, but they were not allowed to intervene unless it was medically necessary. I thought that when the girl got food poisoning from eating a turtle and vomited for three days, someone should have said, Enough is enough". Even I know that you never eat the intestines of an animal. As she ate them, I knew she would get sick. These two people were supposed to have survival skills, but I truly think I could have done better. They were next to a river, so why didn't they go fishing? There were bugs all around, so why didn't they eat them for protein? There were frogs and lizards walking by. Hadn't either of them heard of eating frog legs? They should have named the show "Starving and Unprepared".

No comments:

Post a Comment