About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Pack and Play 101

I do not care how intelligent you are, I can almost guarantee that the first time you put together a pack and play for your grandchild, there will be an issue. I belong to the "I do not read instructions first" generation. I need to have the P&P (code name, so I do not have to keep typing out the words) together for Father's Day. After that, I will not really need it until two weeks later. So, lets go over what happened when I tried to assemble the P&P. I pulled it out of the box and it was very heavy. I plopped the cushion onto the ground and spread the P&P base out. I saw a cone shape in the center that was just screaming for me to push it down, so I did. Then I tried to straighten out the railings and got three out of four snapped in. As much as I tried, the fourth would not click in. I thought that this was a broken P&P and was envisioning waiting on the return line at Babies R Us. That is when I decided to read the instructions. It clearly stated, in bold letters, DO NOT PUSH THE CENTER DOWN UNTIL YOU SNAP TOGETHER RAILS. So, now I had to unsnap the three snapped rails. In Jewish we would say. "Nish git" (not good)". I pushed in the release buttons until my forefingers were sore and then finally, it unlatched. Next, I did as the instructions said and snapped the railing first, then pushed down the center. Now it was time for the bassinet attachment. I sat down and took a break before I did it, as I was exhausted. I placed the metal bars in a 45 degree angle and maneuvered them into a straight position. I was now up to the mobile. I snapped and pushed and pulled and it was done. Wait, I spoke to soon. I had the swinging toys facing the wrong way. After a last adjustment, the P&P was assembled. I have made an executive decision that it will remain together until my youngest grandchild graduates college.

No comments:

Post a Comment