About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hidden Treasure

My bathroom was remodeled a few months ago. I had another workman at my house a few weeks later and he used the restroom. When he came out, he told my husband that part of the new baseboard heating system was missing. I guess that since he does plumbing his eye just naturally looked at someone else's work. It seems that baseboard heating has internal finials that distribute the heat evenly and without them there will be much less heat. We didn't understand why the other plumber did the installation without them. He should have known better. The second workman said that he could fix it to be correct but we would need to buy a whole new unit as the finials are not sold separately. We purchased the unit and the job was done correctly for a minimal fee. On Monday, my son installed high hats and needed go into the attic. He called down to us that there was a box in there. He brought it out and low and behold, it was the baseboard finial. For some reason the other plumber put it into the attic before the bathroom wall was closed up and maybe he was too embarrassed to say that he misplaced it. Had we not done the high hats, it would have sat there for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment