About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Just Ask

I have been visiting my son in New England for 11 years. I always stay at the same hotel. The rates are from $109-$139 depending on the time of year. I went online to book the room for end September and the rate had jumped to $169-$229. I tried all discounts available from AAA, AARP and senior. Nothing was lower. I tried Expedia, Trivago and Hotels.com. Still no change. I decided to call the hotel directly. They also quoted the same high rates. Then I asked for the hotel manager. A very pleasant women got on the phone. I told her that I have been staying there for years and she looked up my name. She saw that my reservations go back to 2004. I told her that I really want to stay there but it got so expensive. She said that she could help. She offered me the room for $115. Of course I thanked her ten times. All I had to do was ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment