About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 4, 2016

A Visual

Saturday night we went to a restaurant with my family. I asked for a table for four plus a highchair. We were seated but the hostess forgot the highchair. She seated us in a booth for four and usually the highchair is put at the end. When a few minutes passed and there was no highchair, my husband went to get her. She returned with a booster seat chair that sits in the booth. I said it would not be good as there was no where to put it. She looked baffled. My husband was standing next to her at this point. I said there are four adults and one child at a four seat booth. Where will the booster seat go? She pointed to the empty seat, as my husband was standing next to her. I then said there are four adults, me, him (my son) her (my daughter in law) and him (my husband). I pointed to each of us. I then asked where the seat would go and she again said, There",  pointing to the empty seat that my husband would be sitting in. Seeing as I was getting nowhere, I told my husband to sit down in his seat. Then I asked for the third time, "Where does the seat go now"? This time she said, "There is no room for it". Finally she got the point, but did not understand it unless she had the visual. She then brought us the right type of chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment