About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Free Is Better

Yesterday my office voicemail system broke. It is part of an expensive system that has been there longer than I have. I called the person that installed it only to find out he sold the business four years ago. The new owner of his business said he could come over and look at the problem for a charge of $225. I had no choice but to say yes as our patients leave us messages after hours. The man came by and said that a new system would cost $6500 since the old one was antiquated. A repair with a few new parts would cost $2500. I did not like either option. I then asked if he could just detach our phones from the system and then I could call Verizon to set up Verizon Messaging. He said I could do that. He disconnected the system from the phones and I called Verizon to order their voicemail. This morning I will do the set up on it. Free is so much better than $6500.

No comments:

Post a Comment