About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Deja Vu

A few weeks ago the file cabinets in work broke again. After pleading with my director to get new ones instead of investing more money in the old ones, she took my advice. Sort of. She called in a cabinet maker and showed him the problem. He agreed that the weight of the drawers was too much for the tracks. He showed us how he would use the framing of the unit and build new drawers that would never break. We waited two weeks and two days ago he sent his workers in to install them. When I came into work yesterday I was shocked. He built the drawers exactly the same as they were. They had the same tracks and were just as wobbly. We started to put the files in them and they sagged. I called my director and informed her that she just paid a man to rebuild the drawers like she originally had them. I called the cabinet maker and told him to come down and discuss the problem. He came to the office with his tools and wood. He reinforced the insides, but he said that the tracks he used were stronger than the other ones. I disagreed. In the end, we will just have to wait and see if they break. All I wanted was a standard metal file cabinet for $500. So far we have spent over $5000 on mistakes. As they say, "It is deja vu all over again".

No comments:

Post a Comment