About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

In The Cloud

My office is thinking of entering the 21st century. We are getting information about backing up our data to "The Cloud". The word seems so mysterious. It eludes to a white ethereal being that floats around the sky protecting our data. It is actually a building that stores data on servers. One of our doctor's husbands specializes in data recovery and he says that in case of a disaster, we would lose our database forever. Our backups are done on premise, so if the building goes on fire our data will also go up in flames. I have begun research on the security of data being stored in the Cloud. Basically, the Amazon Cloud is safe. It is end to end encrypted and HIPAA compliant. That is all I need to know. I cannot read, nor do I wish to, the 10 pages of 5 font lettering that most cloud web server companies have on their site. Keep it simple. Just say, "We are safe. Don't worry."

No comments:

Post a Comment