About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, April 8, 2016

Dollars Vs Experience

Yesterday I was told that my receptionist that usually works on Saturday was going to help one of the doctors at a patient's house that day instead. She replaced herself with another receptionist. That was fine with me. When I spoke to the doctor about this, she mentioned that the receptionist was not being paid for giving her help. She was getting "experience" instead. Really? Does experience pay the bills? I called the receptionist and asked her if she was aware that she was working for experience and not money. She was totally unaware. I then called the director. She also assumed that experience was more valuable than money. I told her that if she did not pay the girl, she was not going to give up a day of work and lose money. As of now, the doctor is going alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment