About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Little Soldiers

I wanted to make sausage and pepper rolls for dinner last night. I did not think that I would have enough time to cook the sausages and peppers and let them cool before I wrapped the dough around them. I called my husband and asked if he could start to prepare the dinner. After his initial shock, he said we should order food in instead. I told him that since he had nothing else to do that day, putting food in the oven would not be too taxing. I then gave him the instructions. Put aluminum  foil on a baking dish and place the sausages on it. Next, slice the peppers (What? Slice them? Why do they need to be sliced?), slice the onions (More slicing? Now I will cry! Can't we eat out?) and put them in the pan next to the sausages. At 3pm put oven on 350 degrees and turn it on. After a bit of a fuss, he said he would do it. When I got home the oven was on. I looked in to see what he did. The sausages were lined up to perfection. Each pepper was precisely sliced and lined up next to the sausages. The onion was sliced as well and lined up on the other side of the sausages. I have never seen such a neat dish. They were all in line like little soldiers. I complimented him on a good job. He said never ask an OCD person to slice food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment