About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, April 11, 2016

The Hatter

Yesterday we went to Brooklyn to check on our parent's house. We decided to take a walk on the "Avenue" a few miles away. A few miles away was really a world away. The neighborhood was orthodox. Every man was dressed in a suit. Every woman had on a dress, a stylish wig and make up. The children looked like they were dressed for a party. This is their regular attire. As we walked, we passed a store that looked very crowded. We stopped to peak into the window. It was the local "hatter". When was the last time you saw a hat shop? Through the window we could see the counter that was lined with various cloths, ribbons, felts and a hat form. These hats are handmade and sized. I could only imagine what they cost. In this neighborhood a hatter is necessary. I remember when I was very young, going with my father to the hat shop. He would pick out the material, color and ribbon. He would be sized. The hat would be ordered and in a week we would return to pick it up. I do not remember that name of the shop but I bet my father does. I will ask him this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment