About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

"Case" Matters

yesterday I spent a good part of my work day hearing a co worker irrationally rant. She was trying to do something nice but it did not turn out that way. She ordered a memorial plaque for a few people's family members and when it arrived it did not look like she thought it would. The personalized names were illegible. She called the company to demand a refund. They would not give it. The argument got very nasty so I had to intervene. The root of the problem was that when she typed in the names to be personalized, she used all upper case letters. I have told her for years not to type names in all caps. She does this on my database and I have to re do it every day. It is not the proper way but she does not listen. By using all caps the names came out illegible. The upper case letters all had a flowery look as the design was intended to only have a flowery first letter and then a simpler font for the rest of the lower case letters. The company said that she approved the design so they were not responsible. She said they were liars and she never said it was okay. After she hung up on them, I told her that she had to have approved the design as it would not let her purchase the plaques until she checked the approval box. She said she never did that. I walked her through a "mock" sale until we got to the screen that had the approval disclaimer. She then saw that she had checked the box. She also saw that the names looked terrible. We then retyped them properly and they looked great but it was too late for that as the items were delivered. She called the credit card company and stopped the charge. I explained to her that it was only a temporary stop until they researched the complaint. She disagreed. By that time I had a migraine so I walked away. When the charge goes back on her card after the company proves she approved it, she will know I am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment