About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Annie Hall

There is a scene from the movie "Annie Hall" that is true in many phases of life. The scene takes place in Woody Allen's kitchen when he and Diane Keaton are cooking lobsters. The lobsters are escaping from the pot and on the floor, and he and Diane are laughing and screaming and having a great time. It is the kind of time that is so much fun that it is memorable. When they break up, he starts to date another woman. He tries to relive that fun with her. They buy  the lobsters and start to cook them. When the lobsters escape, instead of laughing, the woman quietly gathers them and puts them into the pot. No matter how hard Woody tries to recreate the scene to the funny one he had with Diane, it just doesn't work. The woman is not amused by it. That happened to me last night. During the summer, my sister and I found a new store in the Galleria Mall named Flying Tiger. It is a Copenhagen based company and has fun knick knacks like Ikea. We roamed through the store laughing and playing with the items. We had so much fun. Since I was in the area after dinner last night, I went there with my husband. I told him how great the store was. We went in and I started to pick up some fun items and show him. I could see his eyes rolling in his head. He schlepped his feet around the store mumbling about the "colorful crap", as he put it. Half way through the store, I just gave up and told him we should leave. Like Woody Allen, I realized that you cannot recreate a spontaneously good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment