About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, November 18, 2016

Kindness Counts

Yesterday I had a one week checkup for my nose procedure. The appointment was at 12:50pm. As I was driving there at 12:15 my cell phone rang. It was the doctor's office. The receptionist said that the doctor was running very late and that if I was not already on the road, I should come an hour later. I told her that I was driving and would be there in 5 minutes but that I would just sit and read a magazine until the doctor could see me. I ended the conversation by saying, "Thank you for being so considerate and calling me to let me know about the delay. I greatly appreciate it". When I got to the doctor his waiting room was full to capacity. I had been the last time slot booked for the day so I saw it was going to be a wait. I told the receptionist I was here and she said that she was the one who just spoke to me and smiled. I sat down in the last seat. Within one minute my name was called. It was 12:30. I went in and it took less than 5 minutes to be seen. I left the office at 12:45, ten minutes before my actual appointment time. As I checked out and made a three week recheck appointment, the receptionist said to me that no one ever thanks them for trying to be nice. I guess a few kind words put me to the head of the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment