About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, November 7, 2016

Pricing

I spent the day in Brooklyn yesterday. It was a beautiful day to take a walk on the avenue and shop. As I went from one small store to another, I focused in on the price differences from Brooklyn to Long Island. I love persimmons and at my local grocery they are $1.99 each. On the fruit stands in Brooklyn they are 3 for $1.00. They were the same quality as the ones in my neighborhood. Fillets of swai fish are $2.99 lb opposed to $7.99 lb where I live. I have bought them before so I know the quality is fresh. Shelled walnuts were $2.49 lb. The one price that surprised me the most was Mascarpone cheese. It is a creamy cheese that is used to make tiramisu but can also be used as a spread on bread. I pay $3.99 for 8oz. In Brooklyn it was $5.99 for a 5lb tub. How are the stores in Brooklyn able to buy their products that much lower than on Long Island? Does a thirty mile difference matter that much? I guess it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment