About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, November 28, 2016

Holiday Spirit

Yesterday I went from store to store buying holiday gifts. The stores were not as crowded as I had expected. I had fun looking for the gifts for my grandchildren. Since I have sons I never shopped for "girly" things. This year I bought my older granddaughter dress up clothes. I was holding each outfit up and scrutinizing it like it was her prom dress. Once I found the dresses, I needed to find shoes to match, then a stately tiara. My little princess can now have a few outfit changes. I also went overboard with my office. I usually chip in with my receptionist and buy the older doctors a gift. Last year, without mentioning it to me, she bought a few of the younger ones something. She did this purposely to make herself look generous. I was annoyed at her because I would have chipped in for them. Instead I looked stupid when they came to thank her. It looked like she was the only one that thought of them. Once it is past the holiday you cannot back track, so I was left to look like I did not think about them. This year I bought gifts for everyone. Fourteen people in all. I will not tell her that I did that so she can be as embarrassed as I was. I am not a mean person. Just don't screw around with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment