About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Diversity

Yesterday morning I found a note in my office mailbox. It was from my nighttime receptionists. It read, "From now until Christmas, we will be playing 106.7FM all Christmas music!". There was a big smiley face on the note. I answered the note by saying, "You cannot do that. Not everyone celebrates Christmas. We must play a channel that has diverse music". They probably were shocked to see that note. They did not realize that there are other holidays this season. I would not play an all Hanukkah channel or an all Kwanzaa channel. Tomorrow marks the beginning of the holiday season. Until December 26, I will be told to have a Merry Christmas. I will respond by saying, "Have a Happy Hanukkah". I love the holidays and love to see people excited about Christmas. I wholeheartedly celebrate with my grandchildren. I enjoy every moment of their wide eyed excitement. When the world assumes that there is only one holiday, I get annoyed. So, Happy Hanukkah will be my mantra.

No comments:

Post a Comment