About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Savage Beast

This morning I woke up and did my usual workday routine. Shower, get dressed, feed and walk the dog and get in the car for the 20 minute ride to work. It was a gloomy looking day, grey and foggy. No matter how upbeat you are, these days make it an effort to do just about anything, much less go to work. I turned on my car radio to the usual oldies station. WHLI 1100am. I love this station. It is all oldies, but the good ones, like Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Way before my time, but classics. As I was half way into my ride, on came one of my favorite songs, "Sway with Me". I immediately smiled and actually applauded while driving. I sang along to it and even did the imaginary drummer moves on my steering wheel. After that song ended it segued into "Papa Loves Mambo" another favorite of mine. The Bravo TV show NJ Housewives resurrected this song. I was actually beaming with joy. I sang and swayed and tapped my feet to the music. My outlook on the day improved right away and when I arrived at work my attitude was set for the day. I guess the old saying that music soothes the savage beast is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment