About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Homing Pigeons

We are a technological civilization. We have turned over most of our basic daily thinking to computers. Our children no longer know how to add without the use of a calculator. If I give my parents a running list of numbers and ask them to tally them, they will have the answer in one minute. Bear in mind they are both 88 years old. Give this same list to a teenager and they will ask for a calculator. Go into a store and give the cashier $11 for a $6 order and they will think you have made an error. They do not realize that you want a five dollar bill back. We are old school. The same goes for directions. When I am asked if something is on the Northern or Southern side of the street, I know the answer. Nowadays without a GPS no one would know how to get home. Now I will get the point of this blog. Yesterday, I had to go pick up a new air conditioner. It was Memorial Day and I did not realize that there would be town parades closing the roads. After the air conditioner was loaded, the exit to the main street was blocked off. I was re routed down small unfamiliar roads. I do not have a GPS so I was on my own. I know East from West, so I just followed all roads West. I found my way home, just like a homing pigeon, in the same amount of time it would have normally taken. I hope I never lose my natural skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment