About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tick Tock....

All of us live on schedules, even if we do not think we do. We have a time to get up, a time to get ready for work, a time for break, a time for lunch and so on. Even the people that hate to have a clock rules their lives, more likely than not, still are a slave to time. That's just the way life is. The only people that seem to have a total disregard for time, are doctors.Where else can you sit for an hour waiting for someone, and then pay them for the privilege of seeing them. Years ago I waited so long for a doctors appointment, that my blood pressure skyrocketed. When the doctor asked me if I was under a lot of stress, because the reading was so high, I told him that it was normal when I got to the office and if it was high now, he caused it. Boy, was he sorry he asked that question. When he told me to come for a follow up visit, for my test results, I told him to call me with them, after 4pm, because I would never again sit for an hour and a half to see him. I sure felt empowered that day. The funny thing is, he did as I requested. I guess he thought he was dealing with a crazy lady. Senior citizens can't wait to retire so they will not have to abide by a schedule. Too bad someone invented the "early bird" special. Now they have to eat by 4pm or pay more, which isn't happening! Today I broke the rule.... I wanted to see if I could spend the day doing nothing and not looking at the clock. It was not fun and not easy to do. I guess I am so conditioned to follow a schedule that I just couldn't be free. Tomorrow I will be a clock watcher...and be proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment