About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is Being Smart.... Dumb?

I am a smart person. I am not bragging, it is just a fact. I have a high IQ and skipped the eight grade. Most important of all, I have common sense. I was born like this, I had nothing to do with it. I have always said that someone with common sense is better off many times than someone that only has "book smarts". As I get older I am beginning to think that being smart is not the way to go. When you are smart, people expect more from you. They think that you can solve their problems. You become the "go to" person whenever there is a crisis. On the other hand, the dumb person is not expected to do much. Don't ask them, they can't do it. (Or so we think). If a dumb person does a task wrong once, they will never be asked again. And so their life goes on without anyone's expectations. If you work with a dumb person, you will probably have acquired some of their work duties. The worst combination is dumb and nice. They will coast along in life happily. Don't ask them for help because they are too dumb, but don't criticize because they are too nice. I am tired of being smart. I am getting burnt out. I think I need to try dumb for a while. Maybe the dumb people are really the smartest of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment