About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Northern Lights

The Northern Lights are a natural light display, in the sky, in polar regions. They are caused by the collision of charged particles directed by the Earth's magnetic field. I would like to talk about another set of Northern Lights. They are found in Nassau County, NY on the Northern State Parkway. It seems that some politicians thought it would be a good idea to waste even more of our tax payer dollars by installing senseless signs along the roadway. The purpose was to let drivers know how long it will take them to get from point A to point B. The signs were costly to make and when they are not broken, use a lot of electric. Who OK'd this project? I find it a distraction and after I tried to read it the first time, I realized that I was concentrating on figuring out which roadway I was looking for, and not on the road. Why does it matter how many minutes it will take to get to my destination. If it is 10 minutes or 15 minutes, I still have to drive on the same road. Is this sign inferring that I should text or call the place I am driving to, to let them know I will be 4 minutes late? I thought that was illegal. These signs do not take into consideration, the slow driver ahead of me. I decided not to look at the signs anymore, and if there is traffic I will just relax and sing along with the radio. I will get there when I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment