About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Robbery vs Burglary

This afternoon, a friend and I were discussing crimes and their punishments. I am the type of person that gives others the benefit of the doubt, but not when it comes to blatant crimes. The ones that are so bold that I cannot believe that the criminal has the nerve to plead not guilty. We began to discuss a persons motives for robbery versus burglary. Which was worse? Robbery is stealing from a person. Burglary is stealing from a structure, like a house or business. I think that robbery is far worse. It is a face to face offense. It is for immediate money or something that will have a cash value. I joked that it is like the television commercial for J.G. Wentworth. 877-CASH-NOW. Face to face crimes have the potential of having a bad turn out. I think that we, as a nation need to have stricter punishments. It may not be a popular idea, but I do believe in capital punishment for heinous crimes. I believe in an eye for an eye. Until murderers can bring back their victims, they should be fine with losing their lives, too. What's fair is fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment