About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 16, 2011

UnReal

Years ago we had only 7 television channels and there was always something good to watch! Today some of us have up to 300 channels and complain that there is nothing good on TV. When I was young, we used to get the TV Guide delivered to our home. Every September, I anxiously awaited the Fall Issue. It was a double sized edition and it contained the listing of all the new television series. Each show had a small synopsis of cast, characters and what the show was about. Each station seemed to have the same plot but with different stars. There was always a new family type show, a new police show and a new teen type show. Today, America is all about "Reality". Every theme seems to have a reality show. Dancing, Singing, Traveling, Cops, etc. Even though these shows are promoted as "reality", how real are they. I think we are fooling ourselves into a false sense of reality. The worst offender is the "Real Housewives" series. For those of you have have watched this show, could you please tell me where they are hiding the housewives? Last time I looked, housewives did not wear gowns to go food shopping, nor did they have spa parties for a dozen friends. When I go food shopping I do not wear evening makeup and 6 inch heels. Sneakers and jeans, that's my outfit. The last time I had a girls night out, we went to have pizza, not to Mexico for a 5 day get away. I no longer watch these shows. I now live in reality by not watching reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment