About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Define Wealth

I am a middle class person. My family works hard for every penny we make. I have no debt, but neither do I have extra money. Yet, I consider myself a wealthy woman. That is because I define wealth in a global sense. As I observe the world each day, I see many people with a lot of expensive things. Huge houses, fancy cars, blingy jewelry. Don't get me wrong. I like to have nice things, but there is a limit to what I will pay for them, even if I did have the money. Do people buy things just for the status. Sometimes I wonder, if a Mercedes logo was put onto a Hyundai, would people still buy it and claim it was the best car around. I have a Honda. It is safe and reliable and gets me where I have to go. As I help my son fix up the home he just bought, I see real wealth. The home needs a lot of work, which the entire family is helping him with, nail by nail. He doesn't have a mansion, but to him, his house is worth a million. He bought a house. He is turning it into a home. I define my wealth by the health and happiness of my family. When all said and done, the only thing that lives on as a testament to us all, is our reputation and no one can buy that. It is self created.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful article! Thank you for sharing it with me. True wealth lies in the love that we spread the memories we make. I couldn't agree with you more. See you in Twitter land, Kylie x

    ReplyDelete