About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Food For Thought

Yesterday, in work, we were deciding what food to order for lunch. We only have two choices, as the area I work in, is mostly medical buildings. We have Chinese and Italian. After 9 years, it gets boring. I then asked my co-workers what their favorite food was. One person said Greek food. One said lobster. When it came to my turn to answer, I realized that I had not eaten my most favorite food in 45 years and that I would never eat it again. My favorite food was Petcha. My Grandmother used to make it for the family. It is calves feet that are boiled and seasoned to perfection. The feel of eating it adds to the taste of eating it, as a jelly is formed as it cooks. There is no other food that tastes like this. After I said my food choice, another woman I work with said "Oh my gosh.... I haven't thought of Petcha in years". It seems that her grandmother also made it, and when our grandmothers passed away, many of their recipes died with them. Each recipe was made a bit different, so no two grandma's Petcha would taste the same. I looked online and there are recipes for this dish. They are complicated and take hours. Even if I made it, it wouldn't taste the same. The missing ingredient would be my Grandmother's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment