About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Too Much Conversation......

Ninety percent of our daily conversation is nonsense. Only ten percent has some value. If we clocked our daily word usage we would probably use a few hundred thousand a day. For some people those words are hateful ones, for some they argumentative ones and for others just plain irritating ones .A smaller percentage of us use the kind and caring ones. America's speech patterns have become worse with age. So many people use the "F" word five times in one sentence. To me this is a filler word. It has no meaning but some people think it makes their sentences stronger. I feel the opposite. I have always told my children that if they have to use profanity to make their point...they have no point. The best way to have someone listen to what you are saying is to say it in a low soft tone. Caribbean people speak with a lilt in their voices, almost like a song.  Their speech is comforting. Even though most Americans go to school through the twelfth grade their grammar is appalling. I hate the word "youse" as much as I hate the word"aks" and will someone please tell me what "Not for nothing" means. I really think it means nothing! Did everyone sleep though their English classes?

No comments:

Post a Comment