About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Democracy?

Democracy is defined as a form of government in which all citizens have an equal say in the decisions that affect their lives. Ideally this includes equal participation in the proposal, development and passage of legislation into law. Sounds good, right? Too bad that this is not the reality of our democracy. Do we really have equal say? I never understood the electoral vote. If the popular vote is the majority, how can the opposing party win the electoral vote for the state. It makes no sense. One person, one vote. Not, one person, and let's skew the vote. Every two to four years, depending on which office is up for re-election, I have the possibility of casting my vote and making it count. That is about the last time anyone asks my opinion. From there on in, it is a free for all. Our representatives on Capitol Hill get together and decide, in my opinion, on random laws. I want to know who asked my opinion on whether or not we should give money to other countries. What about us? Who decided to give America's money away, when we ourselves are in debt. We find out that a law has already passed, before we even know what the law is regarding. We are all out of the loop. I feel like the "popular" kids all got together and made plans without me. I find out on Monday, what they did on Saturday. I think we need an "In The Loop" Law. I would be the first one to show up at the polls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment