About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just Your Average Joe

My son just bought a new house, so the topic of schools came up. I had not thought about school systems in years, as my children are grown. He happened to purchase his home in the same neighborhood he grew up in but in the "better" school district. It got me to thinking...... we all place a lot of importance on grades and ranking but in reality, does a better school district lead to a better adult life? From what I see, it did not. I always wanted my kids to be "Average". Not the best, not the worst, but dead center average. Being the best brings along with it, a higher level of stress. I remember the children that wept when they got an A- on a test. Grow up! Life at it's best is about a B. Being the worst brings another kind of stress. Struggling to get a good paying job is not easy and without a good education you are in a deficit. Average is like the middle lane of the highway. You have the freedom to have movement. Some days you do things better and some you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment