About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

No More Multi Tasking

I hate multitasking! In fact, when I hire my office staff, I specifically tell the applicant that I do not expect them to be a  multi tasker. I expect a single task, attention to detail, person. Do one thing at a time and do it well. That is my philosophy. For some reason, the world has gotten it into it's mind that many things must go on at once. In the "olden days" (and this was without modern computer technology) things were done at a normal pace and done correctly. Start a project and follow through until it is done, sans errors! Yesterday I went to purchase a few varied items in a craft store. The worker there was mixing and matching so quickly that I was losing track. When I reviewed the order before I purchased it, things were missing. I called the salesgirl back and told her that we needed to go over the order in a systematic way. One item at a time, one color at a time. When we did it that way, it was done correctly. No mistakes. Why are we all in such a rush that we need to do 10 things at once and then have to re-do it the right way. Sometimes the fastest way to get things done, is to do it slowly.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, I think we all try to do things faster than we should. On to the next......

    ReplyDelete