About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Drive Me Crazy

I consider myself to be a good driver. In all the years that I have been driving I have never received a traffic ticket. The only time my car was hit by another car, was when I was not even in it. I was parked at a shopping center and came back to find the damage. I attribute these statistics mainly to cautious, common sense driving and partially to luck. I have my routine when I drive. I am a middle lane driver and never go more than 9 miles above the speed limit. I have been told that the police will not pull you over if it is less than 10 miles above the limit. I abide by this theory and so far, so good. This morning, I drove a friend to the airport. He is what I would consider to be, a back seat driver. The trip started off by him telling me to make a left on red. Since it was 5:30 AM and no one was on the road, he considered this move to be legal. Of course I did not listen, but it seemed like an eternity until the light turned green so I could make the turn. Then he took off his seat belt. My car beeps if the front seat passenger disengages the seatbelt, so I didn't have to see what he did..... I heard it. After having the seat belt argument, it progressed to lane changing. I am not an impatient person. If a lane slows down for a minute, I go with the flow. I see no need to swerve in and out of lanes. What is the big deal if I get to my destination 4 minutes later? By the time I got him to the airport, my head was pounding and my hands were shaking. I told him that the next time I drive him anywhere, he might be riding in the trunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment