About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

All Creatures

God created all creatures large and small. Human beings tend to think we are the highest form of life. If we look closely, many of our traits resemble other animals. I break it down into four groups. Dogs are the "where are you" group. Cats are the "here I am" group. Birds are the "come too close and I will fly away" group. Reptiles, snakes especially, are the "you never know what I really am" group. Dogs are loyal. They will wait all day for you to come home. They will greet you with love and happiness. Even if you are in a bad mood. They will stay by your side and climb on your lap and just comfort you. Their world is all about you. Cats are self centered. They are beautiful to look at but only want love and affection on their terms. Their world is all about them. Birds have no attachments. They never get too close to you. They co exist but from afar. If they feel threatened, off they go. Sometimes never to return to the same place. Now I come to the snakes. The ugly looking ones are not harmful. But the flashy, beautiful ones, now those are the ones to watch out for. You never know when they will spew their venom. They let you get close enough and then they strike. Leaving behind pain. There is an fable that I love to use as an analogy. A little girl was walking in the woods. A snake called to her. "Help me, I am cold. Please put me in your coat to keep me warm". The girl said " I can't put you in my coat. You will bite me". The snake promised that if she kept him warm he would not bite. After much pleading the little girl picked up the snake and put him into her coat to keep him warm. After a few minutes, the snake bit her. "Why did you bite me, you promised you wouldn't". Ah, said the snake. "You knew what I was when you picked me up".

No comments:

Post a Comment