About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Status Quo

I was never one to be in the height of fashion. Or have the desire to own any designer item. Yesterday, as I was driving to work, a beautiful car passed me. It was such a sleek looking car. Usually, I do not notice cars. If my car starts in the morning and gets me to where I have to go, I am happy. But this car was really nice. I looked at the logo and saw that it was Hyundai. If I did not know better, I would have thought it was a Mercedes. When people choose their cars or handbags or shoes, are they really looking at the item, or the brand name. If labels and logo's were removed from every item we buy, and our decision making was only based on how the item looked or performed, would designer labels be a thing of the past? I have a friend who mainly purchases her clothes from a designer brand shop. She has been known to spend over $50 on a cotton tee shirt. One day I walked into work and had on the identical 100% cotton tee shirt, except mine was purchased in Target for less than $10. The only difference was that I had $40 extra in my pocket. My father was right when he used to say, "the masses are the a**es".

No comments:

Post a Comment