About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Time Flies

Today is my son's fifth wedding anniversary. Where have the years gone. It was just yesterday that my children were babies. Playing in the backyard in the Mr Turtle pool. Giggling when I brought out the shampoo and soap and made the "executive decision" of  turning the pool into a bath. Waiting for the Mr Softee ice cream truck, anticipating their brownie sundaes. Smiling at me in delight, with chocolate covered teeth. Riding bikes and scraping knees. Being a referee 24 hours a day, because my children never seemed to sleep.They had plenty of energy to push and shove each other relentlessly. I never bought them video games because I knew there would be a casualty from them fighting over it. I used to say we were Amish. The only household in the neighborhood without modern technology. They learned to love sports and couldn't wait to play in the fresh air. They learned to entertain themselves and not be entertained by a machine. I tried my best to make them well rounded men who would someday do the same for their children. I feel like I went to bed one night when they were young and woke up the next morning when they were adults. Five years and a lifetime away.

No comments:

Post a Comment